Introduction

I have learned alot since I first watched thrillers like I did not know how much things such as camera angles and sound can contribute to the sense of mystery and suspense of the film. I also learned that the atmosphere of the scenes like feelings of clautrophobia that the audience feels in watching the film is important. Like in Zodiac (with Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey Jr and Matt Rufalo) we kind of go through what the charactors are going through as the viewers are in a way with the charactors of the movie - such as in the scene where the murderer targets the couple at the countryside; we are feeling what the victims are feeling as the audience is caught up in the fear of what is going to happen. Whether the couple will live or not, Who is the murderer, Why target them...etc. Also, by seeing the murderer's build and height it creates a sense of realism - so it is more real (obviously) therefore there is more suspense and fear!!!

2 comments:

clhcns said...

Some intrestign initial thoughts and ideas, particularly abotu atmosphere. I am concerned about how little you have posted on your blog. Please analyse some thrillers in detail please. Layer Cake? Sin City? Chinatown?

mw said...

Gemma - please post your Advertisement Analysis. I have seen work but you must put it on blog. Also I would like to see your planning for your own perfume advertisement. mw